Thursday, August 12, 2010

1911 Facelift inbound

I ordered a set of the "Tiger Stripe" G10 Operator's II panels from VZ grips, will definitely be posting pics and thoughts when they show up.  I ended up going with the Tiger Stripe color partially because it seemed to get the most votes (here and in talking to people) and it looks like the Hyena Brown are all out anyway, so kind of a default win.

Wolf extra power extractor spring is on it's way as well, as I feel the heathenistic external extractor could use a little boost.  Need to pick up some more Wilson Mags and some decent single mag holders too.

ETA: Got shipping notice this morning too! Great turn around.

4 comments:

JD said...

I've been using the BlackHawk CQC single mag carrier(s) for the last couple of months and am happy with them. They are a little thicker than what I've used to using for carry, but just fine for competition etc.

Fred said...

I'll probably go that route, since they'll match my holster. I have a double for my Sig, and it's mediocre, but the thinner single stack mags and single pouches should overcome my dislikes.

JD said...

I also have a couple single mag carriers from Comp-Tac for my G21 that are pretty nice, you can adjust them for cant via the Tek-Lok.

Fred said...

Eventually I may pick up the Pro Competition Kit from them, Caleb's said good things about it, and I like the idea of a bright red rig.